Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit via the Website or App. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); Chris Schofield,
we or us
Chris Schofield, the author of NeedToCharge; UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and App, and is not either (i) employed by Chris Schofield and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Chris Schofield and accessing the Website or App in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, https://www.needtocharge.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions. App the NeedToCharge App on any platform
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Vehicle Registration Numbers
- Email address
- Messages you choose to send to other users or drivers
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Chris Schofield is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as you hold an account with NeedToCharge. You can request your account to be removed, including all associated data, at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- on-going operation of your account. This primarily means the ongoing use of your vehicle registration number to identify you as a user who should be notified when another user wishes to send you a charge request
Third party websites and services
- Chris Schofield may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website or App. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, this will not be used for marketing or sharing Data with third parties unless you choose to opt in to these services;
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Chris Schofield (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £5.
- Data security is of great importance to Chris Schofield and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- The password you supply to create your account is one-way encrypted. This encryption means that only the User has access to their password. Forgotten passwords must be reset and can never be retrieved.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- Messages sent and received are always encrypted.
Chris Schofield has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
01 May 2018